Thursday, March 6, 2014

PLAY-TITUDE #5: DRESS WITH COLOR!



When I was a little girl I used to wear a red beret.  I would tip the cap to the side and feel very chic and French.  Much has changed since those young years.  My wardrobe has become many shades of black, brown and beige.  Everything is pretty much mix and match and, although not drab, much of my wardrobe is simple and purposeful.  And I sometimes feel that it is boring.

One way that I have been developing playfulness is by adding color into my wardrobe.   Today, when reaching for the black and white jacket, I turned my eyes toward a burnt orange jacket I picked up a couple of months ago.  I bought a purple scarf, a red vest and even a purple pair of shoes.  Color has also become a part of my grooming.  Gone are the days of nondescript toenail polish.  Purple is the color of my most recent pedicure and shades of lipstick, although not bright red, are more vibrant and daring.  

Color is fun and it gives that feel good, look great feeling.    Playing with color in my wardrobe adds to playfulness in my day-to-day life.

PLAY-TITUDE #5:  DRESS WITH COLOR TO DEVELOP AN ATTITUDE OF PLAY! 

5 comments:

  1. This sounds great Deb-I think color makes me feel good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color makes me happy! I might wear my standard black shoes, but there has to be color somewhere every day. Green is my happy color. If I could, I would paint every wall green in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright lime-ish green is the color that makes me smile, but today it was gray and white. Maybe some color tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love colorful clothes... just not on me! I need to work on bringing some color into my blackish wardrobe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. every day I sense into what color 'feels' right- it changes and has been a great support for my spirit ;)

    ReplyDelete