Wednesday, March 26, 2014

PLAY-TITUDE #25: WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS—TELL A JOKE!



I am a bad joke teller.  But I love a good joke.  Here are a few kid-friendly jokes that made me smile today.

Q: What did the dad buffalo say to his son on the first day of school?
A: Bison
                        *          *          *          *          *          *          *
Q: Why did the calf cross the road?

A: To get to the udder side.

*          *          *          *          *          *          *

Mother: "Come on, Victor, you have to get out of bed or you'll be late for school."

Victor: "Mom, do I have to? All the teachers hate me, and all the students hate me, too."

Mother: "Yes, you do."

Victor: "Give me one good reason."

Mother: "Because you're 34 years old, and you're the principal."

*          *          *          *          *          *          *

Q: Why are fish so smart?

A: Because they live in schools.


*          *          *          *          *          *          *

Q. What do you call a sheep that is covered in chocolate?
A. A Hershey baaaaaar

*          *          *          *          *          *          *

Children love to tell jokes.  Jokes are a good bridge to storytelling.  And story telling is a great bridge to writing.  So tell a joke today and hear a joke today.  And laugh.

PLAY-TITUDE #25:   Tell a joke and laugh.
Thank you to Two Writing Teachers for dedicating space and time for writers and teachers of writing to come together to share ideas, practice and life experience.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the smile! My husband does puns all of the time. I really admire someone who can just whip off a play on words like that. I liked your jokes...some reminded me of what my husband would like...but the one about the principal not wanting to go to school...well, that one was really funny. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kid friendly jokes. I am really bad at telling jokes because I can't remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love short jokes! My young students love telling them! The fish joke got me!

    ReplyDelete