Monday, March 2, 2015

A Splash of Retreat Gems

Upon returning on Sunday afternoon from my retreat, I find my bounce a little quicker with a lightness in my spirit.  Here is a splash of gems from 10 beautiful women that have brightened my weekend.  Their wisdom offers each of us words to live by.



Trusting
new beginnings and daffodils.
Awakening the little girl who wants
to play.
Letting go of my shell that keeps me hard
I can give into vulnerability
and be soft.
Quiet time. 
Shutting the door and reconnecting
to me.
I am creative.
I am powerful.
I am soft.
I am quirky.
I am wise.
I am me.
Giving myself a break from myself and my busyness
to be.
Mandalas teaching.
Embracing the Qshe is me.
Tuning into my essence
to be fully me.
Fear is the compass that
tells me where to go.
She is a guide.
I don’t have to stay within the lines.
Meeting my container and
allowing her to be filled.
Seeing my face as beautiful.
Letting go of what can’t be changed.
I stayed within the lines with a remarkable
calming.
I am blessed with family and friends.
I am grateful.
We are the same.
We are different.
We are one.
Beloved sisters.




Thank you to Two Writing Teachers for dedicating space and time for teachers and teachers of literacy to come together to share ideas, practice and life experience.


6 comments:

  1. Your gems remind me of the sign post from "Notice and Note" - Words of the Wiser. Sharing collective wisdom and taking it back provides a new perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is filled with a sense of peace and gratitude - what a great note with which to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Light. Playful. I hear you smiling behind this, Deb. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding yourself and reminding yourself of all the goodness you have is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are such wise words written so beautifully. It touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel the excitement and contentment in your words. Retreats are good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete